Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Courtney turns 5!!

This year for Courtney's birthday we did a Halloween Birthday Party.  We went all out.
 
We started by sending out these invitations.  They're little scrapbooked Halloween booklet invites. That took forever to make.  Yes, I tear up a little to think of them all at the dump right now. *sigh* ha!
 
 
Everyone was instructed to come dressed in their "Halloween Best"
 

We started with a Spooky Scavenger Hunt.  I wish I would've taken pictures, but there's only so much you can do while lugging a one year old in one hand, chasing after a group of running squealing girls, reading clues, and packing a laundry basket full of the found clues in the other hand.  So no.  No pictures of the hunt. But I got a picture of the clues!

 
Then we came back inside and played "Pin the Body Parts on the Monster".
 



 
And the Halloweeny Memory Game.
 
 
 Then we had our Creepy Crawley Tea Party.

 
Not the best quality pictures, but ah well.



I didn't get a picture of all the girls together since some had to leave early while others arrived late.  So we had a mix and match of girls throughout the party.


 
Apparently I didn't get a picture of the goody bags, but they were pretty darn good!  My favorite goody in there was the Monster Slime I made. Kind of like gak...super fun and squeezy squooshy to play with.  I love how it turned out.
 

Later that night we had family over to celebrate with us.  She was pretty darn excited to get her new bike!




She asked for a birthday cake that wasn't Halloween.  Can't say I blame her, I was all Halloween'ed out by that point as well!  Princess Tiana it is!



A quick change into her new bday jammies and we're ready for bed.  What a day!  Happy Birthday to my sweetie adorable lovely little girl, we love you!!



2 comments:

Cecily said...

I can't believe she's 5. That's just so crazy!! I love everything about her party!! You did a great job. :)

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I have dropped off of the blogging world. So fun to catch up on your little family!!
Becca, you are so darn creative. I love all of these party ideas. I think I shall use them next year. :)
She is so old now! :( How did that happen?!!